JOE LIMONE - Associate
Joe is an innovative and results-driven leader focused on achieving exceptional results in difficult situations and environments. He is a skilled communicator who synthesizes and delivers complex information to diverse audiences. He has proven to be an exceptional team manager in critical, collaborative contexts with strong leadership, client service, and negotiation skills. He has a record of repeated and consistent success in achieving complicated objectives and timelines in volatile situations, markets, and regulatory environments. As a high-energy, approachable business builder who orchestrates startups, turnarounds, and wind-downs, he is known as a change leader, with the skilled use of empathy to keep employees informed, motivated and productive, particularly in times of uncertainty.
Joe has a unique background encompassing legal, business, and regulatory expertise, achieved by having managed legal, compliance, origination, credit, and operational groups.
Core competencies include:
• Legal expertise in energy and agricultural commodities
• Regulatory and Compliance
• Supply chain management, including operations and physical energy transportation
• Employment law and human resources best practices
• Derivative and physical purchase and sale agreements
• Mergers & Acquisitions, including structured finance
• Treasury: Including secured borrowing bases and repurchasing agreements
• Energy and Agricultural Commodities: Electricity, Natural Gas, Crude Oil, Ethanol, Coal, Emissions, Carbon Credits, Sugar, Coffee & Cotton
For the past decade Mr. Limone has performed several roles in the build up and then wind down of Noble Americas including Chief Administrative Officer, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary. As the liaison to Chairman and Executive Committee in Hong Kong, he was a key player in restructuring and repaying secured borrowing base with 14 senior lenders to maximize operating flexibility, in a leveraged environment with the US companies being sold. He succeeded in a rapidly declining revenue and profit margin environment that was highly competitive and relentlessly shifting. He worked with the business to lower costs and properly manage PnL.
Indicative other work experiences include:
Credit Suisse, Director, Commodities Prime Services
XL Capital, VP and Subsidiary General Counsel
Allegheny Energy, Director and Corporate Counsel
Merchant Energy Group of the Americas, VP and General Counsel
Morgan Stanley, Vice President, Power & Gas Origination and Trading