Mike Prokop - Director
Mike Prokop is a digital transformation, risk and regulatory compliance, credit risk, and trade surveillance professional. He has more than 30 years of experience in the energy risk management industry and advises numerous energy companies in the natural gas, crude oil, power and LNG markets. Mike is also the recently retired US Lead for Deloitte Advisory’s Blockchain and Digital Asset efforts which spans across 23 industries. In addition, Mike has extensive contact with energy regulators and has been a member of the CFTC’s Energy and Environmental Markets Advisory Committee for the last 12 years. Mike has also been a Senior Vice President with Merrill Lynch Commodities, a Managing Partner of the inter-dealer broker Amerex, and a Senior Managing Director at the CME Group where he led the Global energy asset class.
- Strategic Advisor and engagement partner to large, multi-national Blockchain consortia where he advised executive leadership on topics such as market penetration, membership growth, and regulatory outreach
- Applied digital transformation strategies in the areas of supply chain, RECs transference/registration/archiving, oil field service operations, transportation and manufacturing logistics
- Consulted with client business and technical leaders regarding the benefits of addressing digital transformation from the strategic standpoint of considering an entire suite of transformative technologies such as Robotic Process Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Advanced Analytics, and Blockchain
- Engagement Partner over trade surveillance platform implementations and compliance frameworks. Worked with CCO’s and CRO’s to design and assess internal compliance programs
- Project Partner for market price reporting assessments of the processes associated with sending deal data to PRAs
- Partner responsible for numerous credit risk policy and process assessments