KAREN BEACHY - Associate
Karen Beachy brings three decades of utility executive experience to three Alliance practice areas – Company Advisory, Integrated Risk Management, and Smart, Clean Resilient Grid. During this time of energy industry transformation, her focus and passion is resilient strategy development and execution in gas and electric utility operations, especially supply chain, through a global ESG perspective. Her experience includes senior roles at Black Hills Corporation, including the Senior Vice President of Growth and Strategy and the Vice President of Supply Chain, 12-years at Louisville Gas and Electric/Kentucky Utilities (a PPL Company) and four years at Vectren (a CenterPoint company) in leadership positions in supply chain and electric and natural gas operations.
She also is currently on the Board of Directors of Oceaneering International, Inc. (NYSE: OII).
Other Selected Experience
- Industry leader in the Utility Purchasing Management Group (UPMG) of the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) based on her “hands on” experience in leading the development of Supply Chain:
- third-party risk management processes – including cybersecurity
- resiliency initiatives
- digital transformation projects
- acquisition due diligence and integration projects.
- Held senior leadership roles responsible for the following areas: corporate planning, business development, process improvement, enterprise data and analytics, natural gas retail marketing, generation dispatch and power marketing, natural gas supply, shipper services (for natural gas transmission assets), retail consumer products and value-added services (appliance repair and home protection plans), generation resource planning and energy innovation.
- Partnering with CROs to develop and implement integrated enterprise and strategy execution risk processes.
- International experience, based in Germany, identifying global liquified natural gas (LNG) procurement opportunities.
- Enhancing the security of the energy delivery to government and military installations,
- Developing corporate strategies and overseeing specific projects for reducing the carbon intensity of the utility supply mix. Specific components included:
- Producing, marketing and delivery of Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) and LNG
- Carbon capture and sequestration
- Analysis of Hydrogen introduction
- Supporting electrification of transportation and buildings.
- Ongoing engagement with the Board of Directors that reflects the full ESG transformation across the energy industry.
- Public speaking, webinars, and panels before industry and community groups.
- Working with community-based organizations for economic inclusion and environmental justice.